Terms and Conditions
1. By completing the entry form to participate in this free prize draw for a chance to win £5,000 (five thousand pounds) you confirm for your primary school that your entry complies with the criteria below and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms”) in full. All entry form instructions form part of these Terms.
2. This free prize draw is only available to UK primary schools (ie schools educating pupils within Key Stage 2 in England and Wales and the equivalent year groups in other relevant jurisdictions) with addresses in England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales, the Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey at the date on which they enter this free prize draw.
3. One free prize draw will be made on the last working day of each calendar month from September 2023 to July 2025. For the avoidance of doubt, 23 free prize draws will be made in total, each with a prize value of £5,000.
4. Entry to the prize draw opens at 10am 11th September 2023 and closes at 10am on 31st July 2025 No entries received after the closing time will be eligible to receive a prize.
5. Your primary school will be entered into each free prize draw yet to be made following the date of your entry unless your primary school wins the prize draw in any month. Only one prize per primary school is permitted and therefore if your primary school wins the prize draw in any month, your primary school will not be eligible to participate in future draws.
6. It will not be possible to action any queries regarding the free prize draw from unsuccessful participants after 31st July 2025.7. No purchase is necessary to register and it is not necessary for your primary school to have registered for the BBC micro:bit Giveaway. However, in order to enter the prize draw, you must have an internet connection.
How to register
8. You must register via the entry form. It is your responsibility to ensure that the details you provide in the entry form are correct.
9. Only one entry is permitted per primary school. If multiple entries are received from a primary school, the first received entry will be entered into the free prize draw and subsequent registrations will be disregarded.
10. If your primary school is successful in winning the prize draw in accordance with section 5 above, you will be notified by e-mail. Unsuccessful participants will not be notified.
Privacy and data
11. This free prize draw is run by Nominet UK (“Nominet” and/or “we”).
13. You can request deletion of your personal data at any time by submitting a request for deletion via [email protected]; please note if this request has been actioned before any prize draw is made, this will prevent your school’s participation in such prize draw.
14. One winning primary school will be drawn by Nominet at random each month.
15. The £5,000 prize will be paid to the winning school within 30 days of the relevant draw subject only to appropriate verification of the school’s details.
16. The prizes are as stated and no alternatives are available. Nominet will make a cash donation of £5,000 to each winning primary school to be used for purchasing appropriate equipment or services for developing digital and computational skills for the school community in accordance with Paragraph 20 below.
17. We reserve the right at any time, in our absolute discretion, to:
- 17.1. verify the eligibility of any school participant; and
- 17.2. disqualify any school participant found to be abusing or tampering with the operation of the prize draw or entering using fraudulent means, or who we believe to have acted in breach of these Terms.
18. If your school is successful in this free prize draw, we will request permission to use your school details to report the recipients of the giveaway to our partners and for publication on our website or other social media. You are not obliged to agree to such request but please note that we may nevertheless be obliged to provide the information – including the personal data included within the entry form – to the Advertising Standards Authority or equivalent regulator on request.
20. No entries from agents or third parties are permitted; no syndicated entries, no bulk entries and no entries made using methods such as a computer macro, script or the use of automated devices are permitted.
21. If we fail to comply with these Terms, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Terms or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time that you entered this free prize draw.
22. Except as otherwise required by applicable law, we accept no responsibility or liability for any entry which for technical or other reasons, when you are submitting your registration form, is unsuccessful, incomplete, lost, damaged, corrupted or misdirected or for any associated claim.
23. It will be the responsibility of the winning primary schools to purchase equipment or services for the purposes set out in Paragraph 20 above. Nominet shall have no liability or responsibility to the winning schools or otherwise in relation to such equipment or services.
24. We reserve the right to extend, withdraw, alter or suspend this free prize draw or these Terms at any time if circumstances beyond our control make this unavoidable.
25. These Terms are governed by English law and each entry for the prize draw, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection therewith (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law.
26. Any questions about this prize draw should be sent to [email protected].
27. The promoter is Nominet UK, a company incorporated in England and Wales with its registered address at Minerva House, Edmund Halley Road, Oxford Science Park, Oxford OX4 4DQ with VAT number GB 172 8499 66 and with company number 03203859.