Introducing the THIS IS HOW podcast series
THIS IS HOW is a podcast series and online platform developed in partnership by Nominet and Livity to help inspire young people to opt for digital careers. It’s an evolution of our award winning Digital Neighbourhood programme designed to reach more people with insights, knowledge and opportunities in the digital economy.
THIS IS HOW is hosted by Will Stowe and Zoe Mallett, who demystify job titles and challenge stereotypes about what’s needed from young people to establish a career in the digital sector.
Each episode explores the day to day realities of digital creative roles such as data analysts, lead animators and software engineers, all through the lens of those working at the forefront of these industries, tapping into the passions and interests of this audience.
- Meet the hosts, Will Stowe and Zoe Mallett
- Carl Williams, Lead Product Designer at YOOX NET-A-PORTER GROUP
- Jodie South, Motion Graphics Designer at Sky Sports
- Teresa Fogolari, 3D Art Director
- Carl Finocchiaro, Head of Content & Social at NBA
- Ellis McCusker-Thompson, Global Head of Digital Marketing at The Mill
- Sam Osinuga, Animator at Epic Games
- Alison Wong, Data Scientist at Lyst
- Alexa Kesta, Co-founder & Editor In Chief of Wave Magazine and Social Editor at The Face magazine
- Sam Bevan, Director of Emerging, EMEA at Snap Inc
- Amrita Bharij, UX/UI Designer at Rockstar Games
- Leon Farrell, Product Manager at Warner Music Group
- Laila Katumba, Full Stack Developer at All Saints
- Matthew Newcombe, Lead Game Developer at ustwo games
- Leon Jones, IT Delivery Lead at Stonewall
- Natalie Kelly, Account Manager at Facebook
- Daniel Obichukwu, Creative Designer at TikTok
- Jessica White, Social Media Manager at UNILAD Sound
- Keane Robinson, Data Strategist at Mixcloud
- Chrystal King, Product Designer at Depop
- Paul Curry, Software Engineer at Buzzfeed UK
- Marion Strunck, Lead Animator at Framestore
- Stefano Figoni, Senior Data Analyst at ITV
From Quiz to Career Change – Ifé Ojomo’s story
We caught up with Ifé Ojomo, one of our THIS IS HOW podcast listeners. After hearing our podcast episode with Stefano Figoni, Senior Data Analyst at ITV, Ifé who was previously working in PR, was inspired to take our career quiz.
Upon taking the THIS IS HOW quiz, Ifé discovered alternative ways in which she could align her passion for numbers and mathematics with genuine interests, and this prompted her to embark on a career change. Ifé is now thriving in the digital role of a Software Engineer.