2019 .UK Policy Consultation
Thank you to everyone participated in our 2019 .UK Policy Consultation.
The consultation focused on three issues:
(i) Reducing the use of .UK domain names for phishing attacks
(ii) Implementing law enforcement landing pages following suspensions for criminal activity
(iii) Implementing a .UK drop list to provide a transparent and orderly process for the re-registration of expired domains
We have reviewed your input and published our response:
- Press release
- Nominet Response and Summary of Feedback
- Redline version of updates to our Terms and Conditions of Domain Name Registration
Ensuring .UK policies reflect current expectations of the UK internet community is an ongoing process of continuous improvement.
All stakeholders are invited to submit issues of interest for consideration in future .UK policy discussions at any time by emailing [email protected]
When doing so it may be useful to review the forward-looking roadmap we included in our 2019 .UK Policy Consultation briefing document.
Proxy Services Framework
Nominet invited feedback from stakeholders on a proposal for a new Proxy Services framework.
Nominet invited feedback on a proposal to adapt our WHOIS database in light of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Previous consultations include
- Second level domain registrations
- Changes to the rules of registration for ltd.uk and plc.uk
- Domain expiry policy
- Review of the .UK Registrar Agreement
- Data quality policy
- Review of domain registration policy and the terms and conditions governing registration
- Registrant terms and conditions
- Contact data disclosure in the .UK WHOIS
- Consolidation and changes to the dispute resolution service policy and procedure
If you require details of any of our previous consultations please contact us at [email protected]