We’re a membership organisation with around 2,500 members. Nominet has a Board of twelve directors; four appointed non-executive directors (including the Chair), four non-executive directors elected by the members and four executive directors.
Members role includes:
- Voting on resolutions at our Annual General Meetings (AGMs), either by attending in person or by proxy, or voting online
- Proposing and seconding candidates to stand for elections to the Board
- Electing Non-Executive Directors to the Nominet Board
Anyone with an interest in the internet can become a member. They just need to pay a one-off joining fee followed by a yearly subscription fee. You can find a list of our members here.
Why join Nominet?
As a member of Nominet you receive the following benefits:
- Access to the .UK zone file
- A copy of our Annual Report and Accounts
- Free attendance at events throughout the engagement programme
- A link to your home page from the list of members on our website
If you are also a registrar
- Discounted wholesale registration and renewal fee on .UK domain names
- Register and renew domain names from between one and ten years
- Access to our subscription-based Domain Availability Checker
- Access to UK Domain Categorisation (UKDC)
- Promotions and Co-marketing
2019/2020 Engagement Programme
|20th August 2019||14:30 - 20:30||Lords Cricket Ground Member meet up||London||Register Now|
|10th September 2019||12:00 - 15:00||Cardiff Lunch||Park House Restaurant & Wine Bar||Register Now|
|7th October 2019||18:15 – 22:30||Churchill War rooms member meet up||London||Register Now|
|21st November 2019||12:00 - 15:00||Leeds Lunch||Lost & Found||Register Now|
|16th December 2019||19:00 - 00:00||Member Christmas party||Shangri-La Hotel, The Shard, London||Register Now|
|14th January 2020||12:00 - 15:00||Brighton Lunch||Drakes||Register Now|
|11th February 2020||12:00 - 15:00||Birmingham Lunch||Marco Pierre||Register Now|
|17th March 2020||12:00 - 15:00||Lake District Lunch||Hrishi||Register Now|
These events are a great way to network with other Nominet members and meet Nominet staff.
Updates on upcoming events are sent by email to the member mailing list contact. Please ensure you update your email preferences in your online services account.
A symbol of trust
The Members’ Code
As a member of Nominet, you’ll have to follow our Members’ Code. This sets out the professional standards required for membership, as part of our commitment to make the internet a more trusted space.
Electing non-executive board members to the Nominet Board
As a member, you’ll have a say over who sits on the Nominet Board. Read more about your voting rights here, including the bye-law for electing non-executive directors. You can find out more about the elections process and recent results in our AGM section.
We have a dedicated space for our member webinars, allowing you to watch them at your leisure. Our webinars are on a wide variety of topics, from business updates to GDPR.
This is password protected, so please contact us to gain access.
Ready to apply?
If you’d like to join Nominet, simply complete our application form and pay a one-off joining fee of £400 (plus VAT). There’s also an annual subscription charge of £100 (plus VAT) if you’d like to continue your membership.
The membership year runs from 1st August to 31st July. If you join after 1st February, your first year’s subscription charge will be reduced to £50 (plus VAT).