We’re a membership organisation with around 2,500 members. Under our articles of association the Board consists of appointed non-executive directors (including the Chair), non-executive directors elected by the members and executive directors.
Members role includes:
- Voting on resolutions at our Annual General Meetings (AGMs), either by attending in person or by proxy, or voting online
- Proposing and seconding candidates to stand for elections to the Board
- Electing Non-Executive Directors to the Nominet Board. You can find out more about the elections process in our AGM section.
Anyone with an interest in the internet can become a member. They just need to pay a one-off joining fee followed by a yearly subscription fee. You can find a list of our members here.
Why join Nominet?
As a member of Nominet you receive the following benefits:
- Access to the .UK zone file
- Free attendance at events throughout the engagement programme
- A link to your home page from the list of members on our website
- Nominet Members’ GiveHub, Nominet members can apply to make a philanthropic gift to a registered charity in the UK they are closely connected with
If you are also a registrar
- Discounted wholesale registration and renewal fee on .UK domain names
- Register and renew domain names from between one and ten years
- Access to our subscription-based Domain Availability Checker
- Promotions and Co-marketing
If you’d like to join Nominet, simply complete our application form and pay a one-off joining fee of £400 (plus VAT). There’s also an annual subscription charge of £100 (plus VAT) if you’d like to continue your membership.
The membership year runs from 1st August to 31st July. If you join after 1st February, your first year’s subscription charge will be reduced to £50 (plus VAT).
Member Engagement Programme
As a Nominet member you and your colleagues have free access to our engagement programme which includes a variety of virtual, face to face and hybrid events and access to the Member Hub.
The Member Hub is your exclusive platform to manage registration for events, and a centralised place for you to access all the information and content you need as a Nominet member, including the latest announcements, access to helpful information and insightful content.
Within the Member Hub you have access to recordings of member webinars and virtual events, copies of the quarterly newsletters, operational statistics, industry insights and the latest news and content from Nominet and theukdomain.uk.
Need assistance, contact the Member Engagement Team.
The Members’ code
As a member of Nominet, you’ll have to follow our Members’ Code. This sets out the professional standards required for membership, as part of our commitment to make the internet a more trusted space.
A symbol of trust